People frequently ask me, "Gia, what exactly is a Psychic Reading and what should I expect?" This is an excellent question! Here you'll find some insights and some tips to consider before booking a Psychic Reading.
1) All Psychics are not Mediums and do not receive communication from those who have transitioned. Although I do occasionally receive and pass on this information, I am not a Medium. This is an important distinction and should be clear before you consider booking a Reading. I specialize in communicating intuitive information about your relationships, your life and your future. (past, present, future information)
2) Don’t have a specific agenda. Psychic Readers all have different talents. We receive our information in unique ways with different levels of awareness and intuitiveness. So it's important to be open and to avoid having set expectations. If you're looking for 'the defining answer' to specific questions – you may be disappointed. The information you receive from a Psychic doesn’t come from them. It is information that is being guided to them - to share with you. They do not have control of this guidance. You will receive what is being guided to you – which may not be what you are expecting.
3) We should be doing most of the talking – A good Psychic will lead the session and ask you to confirm insights. There will be an opportunity for you to interject, briefly elaborate and ask questions but this is not about sharing your life story. Or theirs! An authentic Psychic reading is not a therapy session. (although I do offer some healing tips and guidance if appropriate at the end of a Reading) *You also don't want to share too much about yourself for your own safety. (Prior to a Reading I provide my clients with guidelines to help them format questions)
4) Watch for validating information. During a reading you should receive some credible details. These are often odd little bits of information – frequently amusing – that will confirm that the Psychic is connecting with your personal energy. I never ask a client for personal information other than their name and birthdate as an authentic Psychic will not want to influence a Reading. It's important to remember , though, that information and insights may not resonate in the moment, during the Reading, but very often they appear in your mind after you have time to process them.
5) It's okay to stop a Reading. If things just don't feel right – then listen to your intuition and stop the Reading. There are times when a Psychic may also stop a Reading if they are not connecting or receiving insights. This can happen. If a Reading doesn’t work out for whatever reason you should receive a full refund. Be sure you know the Psychic's policy on this before booking a Reading. Also, no reputable Psychic will predict dire events or try and convince you only they can help you prevent them.
Okay, that's a good start. Don't hesitate to ask questions before you book a Reading. Check recommendations. Many of my clients are from word of mouth referrals. I take the time to be sure my clients feel comfortable and safe before we begin a Reading. So whether you book a Reading with me or you seek out the services of another Psychic or Medium I hope these tips will help!